freezincbrain

Humans have no lack of worries even in dreams. In dreams, it reflect our lifes. Our mind have no rest. Often we're troubled because we do not 'see' things (not as in practically!). We're focus on the black dot rather than the whole white space surrounding it... Freezincbrain simply could have mean our brain are 'freezed' or clogged & needed some wisdom to free ourself from the usual worries, in hope to look at the same situation in a different perspectives.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rants

This must have been one of e sunday after many weeks that I'm slacking at home. With coming of my first 'baby', there's SO much to do! So much that I'm kinda lost what have I been busy with.. hee.. from discussing the designs, carpentry, meeting with shifu Lin, looking for TV, furnitures, to finally buying them! Gosh such matters ALWAYS exceed your expectations & budgets! In terms of the latter, its less of exceeding the estimated cost but more of under-calculating that you need more!!! Just take for example, we've managed the reno cost but little did we know that just running/installing the electrical points etc would cost a whopping $3K?! wtf! Not only that, we had the idea to install another aircon unit in the dinning hall area but the implications of that led to suggest us that it would be better to re-install the aircons in the entire house = min $4K! No way am I gonna agree to it & was so adamant to Honey this time that he relented so that we could make better use of these unneccessary costs else where. Talk about marriage, home & financial planning!


One of the most 'cost-saving' of all are our TVs! Yes, it not TV but TVs! We're gonna have TWO TVs in our house & I'm telling u it's not in the rooms..but each in our living & dining! ho ho ho! Guess we're gonna be couch potatoes liaoz... but Hey, we're not saving anything here with 2 TVs?! Rather adding to our cost isn't it? Wait, U're not gonna believe it that we'd got our 32" for approx $3oo+ & our 42" for FREE! FREE FREE FREE!!!!! Its one of the lastest LG's which cost at market $3K! wahahahaha... Thanks to Singtel MioHome plan! Honey got an 'upgrade' of his plan from MioTV to MioHome and the costs diff is not even $0 bucks?!


韩宝宝 ~ 我在家! says:
Honey.. u upgrade miotv to miohome.. hw much dif ar?
thomas says:
for me no difference
same amt..
~ 韩宝宝 ~ 我在家! says:
ho ho ho!


Call that an upgrade! lolx


Then for other things in the house, there's mattress, dining table & chairs, sofa, coffee table, lightings.. Lightings are SO expensive!! 我的天啊!Cove light bulbs, white & warm spot lights, kitchen & rooms lights, bathrooms & a more grand hall lamp - $2K! -_-" .. not finished. Then got fridge, washer, hob & hood, oven.. sink.. toilet bowl (did u know it cost min $200 to sit on?!), taps.. wat have not.. Make a guess how much these sets me in?! Thomas said he wil pay for all reno cost & I to foots these bills.... lucky enough? :s There're still curtains & wallpapers.. acessories.. I rem asking Thomas, "what do we need to shop for these weekends....??" - not that I cant wait to shop but I like to know if there's uncalculated for items!! Rem someone saying nonchalantly.. "Hai ya.. its like that la.. U wont be left a penny in your pockets..".. Ya .. u being there done tat.. "thanks".


Oh well.. Baby is in midst of reno. Titles are set, fixtures are up, first coat of colours painted.. arr.. happy each time I see our baby. Imagining it.. Mmmm..


updates: Scolded hell out of the curtain maker Peter from Eastpoint mall for making us waited an hour for him WITHOUT any notice! Honey was real pissed-off. We ran some errands & rush in time for our 2pm appt but til 20min past there was no sight of him. FYI, all the time that I'd made this appt, he didnt reply to confirm my sms twice so I had to call him to confirm out appt 3hrs before & worst of all, no calls from him that he'll be late. When I called him @ 2.17pm he was 'on the way'.. "where are you exactly now".. 'er.. tamp..'.. wtf.. does that means he left whereever he was @ 2pm? Shop is in Simei, we're at Punggol & 20mins past appt time & he's jus at Tamp?! ... For it was me who got referred to him by a coll & his initial quote was much cheaper so I pleaded a few times with Thomas to wait for this Peter .. when he finally arrived.. whoa.. he got a bad lashing from nonetheless - my Honey da ren.


Verdict: I've decided not to take him. First is he might up the price cos the actual measurements was slightly more than the initial sizes I gave which means the cost will be higher too so it wont be competitive anymore. 2ndly, if I would to engaged him, that means it would be a one-sided followup considering his 'way-of biz'. 3rdly, I like things in harmony.. Honey already condemned him so... U know wat I mean.


Well again.. let's hope everyone be nice.. don chop too much off ppl's profit & don let ppl take u for a fool.


Good Sunday.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home